Yesterday afternoon we (my collegues and I) arrived in LA. Purpose of visit: the Microsoft Professional Developer Conference 2008 (PDC’08). It promises to be a very interesting week with a lot of new stuff from Microsoft, including Windows 7, ‘Oslo’ and ‘Dublin’. After arrival we checked into our rooms, grabbed a slice of pizza, had a drink and went to bed. We tried to join the party by Jeffrey Pallermo, but the waiting time was about 40 minutes and we heard there was no more beer (no problem for me as non-alcohol drinking person, but some of my collegues seemed to mind :)). Today will be the first real day of the conference which is kicked off by the keynote of Ray Ozzie and others. After the keynote we have plenty of sessions to choose from. Although I’m not yet sure about my planning for the day, it’ll probably look something like:
- 8:30 AM – 11:00 AMKeynote
- 11:00 AM – 12:15 PMUnder the Hood: Advances in the .NET Type System
- 12:45 PM – 1:30 PMMicrosoft Expression Blend: Tips & Tricks or “Dublin” and .NET Services: Extending On-Premises Applications to the Cloud
- 1:45 PM – 3:00 PMIdentity: “Geneva” Server and Framework Overview or Developing for Microsoft Surface or The Future of C#
- 3:30 PM – 4:45 PMA Lap around Cloud Services Part 2
- 5:15 PM – 6:30 PMDeveloping and Deploying Your First Cloud Service
For the evening we have planned to go to the LA Kings ice hockey match in the Staples Center, next to the conference center. This looks like it’s gonna be a day full of fun and information.